Traditional Chinese Medicine has enhanced fertility for thousands of years. Because acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can strongly influence the reproductive and endocrine systems, it can help address a wide variety of women’s health concerns that may compromise fertility.
Infertility is defined as the biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception, but very few people are truly infertile. Most women who have been given a diagnosis of “infertility” are merely out of balance.
Some of these imbalances are caused by improper lifestyle (environment, diet and stress levels). Under these conditions, the body’s natural predisposition to conceive can get blocked, or interrupted, leading to difficulty conceiving.
Fertility Acupuncture Can:
- Regulate and stabilize hormone levels
- Help produce more follicles
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Thicken the endometrial lining
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage
- Strengthen the immune system and promote overall health of the body
- Reduce stress
- Improve the absorption of nutrients and maintain ideal weight
- Facilitate relaxation
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Have virtually NO side effects – does not introduce toxicity to you and your baby
Acupuncture and IVF
A common and effective TCM practice is to receive an acupuncture treatment before and an acupuncture treatment after IVF or IUI. Studies have shown this practice to increase the number of resulting pregnancies by as much as 50% as compared to IVF treatments that did not include acupuncture. If you have already begun IVF treatments, you should begin your course of TCM therapies right away to increase your chances of success.
Other reproductive health conditions treated:
- Elevated FSH
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Luteal phase defect (LPD)
- Male factor infertility
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Premature ovarian failure (POF)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Poor egg quality
- Advanced maternal age
- Thin, unresponsive endometrial lining
Whether trying to conceive naturally or with the help of IVF and other reproductive technologies, acupuncture has been shown to increase your chances of success. Studies have confirmed what practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine have known for thousands of years. Schedule your appointment today!